Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. is a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions. Blackhawk platforms and solutions enable the management of stored value products, promotions and rewards programs in retail, ecommerce, financial services and mobile wallets. Blackhawk’s Hawk Commerce division offers technology solutions to businesses and direct to consumers. The Hawk Incentives division offers enterprise, SMB and reseller partners an array of platforms and branded value products to incent and reward consumers, employees and sales channels. Headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif., Blackhawk operates in 26 countries. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com, cashstar.com, hawkcommerce.com, hawkincentives.com or our product websites GiftCards.com, giftcardmall.com, GiftCardLab.com and OmniCard.com.
CashStar (owned by Blackhawk Network) is changing the world of gifting by making it possible to
send a personalized eGift Card from any device, anywhere, anytime, with the best experience
possible. More than 400 brands partner with us including Uber, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Apple,
Delta, Best Buy, and The Home Depot. That makes CashStar the preferred digital gifting and
incentives partner for retailers nationwide.
We hire ambitious professionals who thrive on their entrepreneurial spirit and want to Change
the Way the World Works. As CashStar employees, we are passionate about disruptive
technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the
workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and L.O.V.E.
our culture. This role can be in Portland, Maine OR Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
Why work with us?
● We are a fun-loving, passionate, and highly collaborative team
● We believe in moving quickly, failing fast, and adapting to change
● We are committed to achieving technical excellence in everything we do
● We value teamwork, learning from failure and innovation
Why would we want to work with you?
● You have an undying passion for world-class software
● You have experience working as part of agile teams and are familiar with Scrum and
● You are positive thinking, solution focused and find opportunities instead of problems
● You have superb technical skills, but you’re always striving to improve
● You are willing to hustle, get in the weeds and will not rest until the job is done
● Create automation tests to increase automation test coverage across the platform.
● Code Review automation tests by other Test Engineers/Developers.
● Collaborate with scrum team and all other stakeholders during all stages in the development
● Influence acceptance criteria for new features by guiding the team to focus on usability,
performance, security and scalability.
● Action oriented - able to split large ambiguous problems into sub-tasks; drives self and team
● Strong decision making on design and quality issues.
● Hands-on with design reviews and code reviews for automated testing.
● Establish and review metrics for test practices and environments; recommend improvements
based on results.
● Participate in continuous improvement reviews of defects / issues.
● Contribute to the team in testing related growth and development.
● Take ownership of the CashStar Platform and pursue continuous learning.
● Have a chance to enable teams to ship code daily—yes, daily
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent.
● 3+ years of relevant QA experience.
● 3+ years of experience with Test Automation.
● Familiarity with Python, Selenium
● Solid SQL Skills
● Strong Web Based Testing
● Strong knowledge of Test Automation tools and practices.
● Experience working in Agile teams.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Significant experience with database technologies (primarily MySQL).
● Action oriented.