At Achievers, our software delivers a powerful new way for companies to engage, align, and recognize employees enabling remarkable business success. Every day.
We hire ambitious professionals who thrive on their entrepreneurial spirit and want to Change the Way the World Works. As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and L.O.V.E. our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
Why work with us?
• We’re a fun-loving, passionate, and highly collaborative team
• We believe in moving quickly, failing fast, and adapting to change
• We’re committed to achieving technical excellence in everything we do
• We value team work, learning from failure and innovation.
Why we’d want to work with you?
• You have an undying passion for building world-class software
• You’re positive thinking, solution focused and find opportunities instead of problems
• You have superb technical chops, but you’re always striving to improve
• You believe software should be just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside
• You are willing to hustle, get in the weeds and will not rest until the job is done
What you’ll do
• Design, develop, and maintain the software and systems that drive our back-end systems
• Extend our data platform by researching and applying new data technologies and modern databases to solve business problems
• Participate in multi-disciplinary projects with our applications and analytics teams
• Maintain our data platform by diagnosing, predicting and correcting scaling problems
• Contribute to our team’s growing set of development platforms, tools, and processes
Do you have what it takes? What we’re looking for:
• B.Sc. or Masters in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of relevant development experience
• Proficiency in high level languages such as PHP and Python
• Prior experience in the Hadoop platform is preferred
• Hands on experience with Spark, Kafka, Cassandra and HBase preferred
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
• Excellent problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Experience with Agile development methodologies is preferred
Achievers is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.