Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAWK) is a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions. Blackhawk platforms and solutions enable the management of stored value products, promotions and rewards programs in retail, ecommerce, financial services and mobile wallets. Blackhawk’s Hawk Commerce division offers technology solutions to businesses and direct to consumers. The Hawk Incentives division offers enterprise, SMB and reseller partners an array of platforms and branded value products to incent and reward consumers, employees and sales channels. Headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif., Blackhawk operates in 26 countries. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com, hawkcommerce.com, hawkincentives.com or our product websites GiftCards.com, giftcardmall.com, GiftCardLab.com and OmniCard.com.
We develop unique prepaid products and technologies in easy-to-use formats and deliver them to consumers through exclusive retail and virtual networks of leading grocery, mass market, convenience and online channels.
As Blackhawk Network’s international expansion continues, it is critical that the various regions have a champion representing Blackhawk International. The Director will work with all regions ensuring that their technology interests, projects and priorities are represented at Blackhawk Network HQ.
The IT Solutions Director is responsible for overseeing and directing IT solutions within Blackhawk Network’s International division focusing on Canada and Latin America, but working closely with technology teams in Asia Pacific and EMEA. The Director will be working with Blackhawk Network’s Team of Business Analysts, Project Managers, System Architects, Developers and IT management, coordinating the team’s interaction with third party service providers as needed.
• Builds partnerships with Blackhawk’s business units and international regions. Serves as Blackhawk Network Canada’s front end to all areas of IT. Uses relationships to drive change required to deliver international projects.
• Responsible for solicitation of business needs in the regions and the development of detailed project plans to assure activities are understood and commitment is gained at HQ to meet Canada’s IT objectives.
• Implements the Client Solutions function, business processes and organization for Blackhawk Network ensuring the function meets the needs of the key constituents including Blackhawk Network Product Sales, Product Development, and Operations organizations. Defining and documenting Client Solutions functions and service level agreements where required.
• Supports Blackhawk Network’s Business Development Team in pre-sales endeavours with potential clients and partners.
• Assists in client on-boarding services which enable Blackhawk Network partners to easily leverage Blackhawk Network’s products and services.
• Provides 3rd party services providers the technical support required for Blackhawk Network to provide their products and services to clients.
• Provides the highest level of Customer Service to both external partners and internal resources.
• Demonstrates leadership within the Blackhawk Network IT organization, striving to grow the organization’s understanding of Blackhawk Network International’s mission and purpose.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other Technical Degree.
• + 5 Years experience in the development, delivery and management of IT solutions delivery in a growing organization.
• Experience developing project plans to meet business objectives.
• Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects on tight deadlines with limited direction.
• Adept in building and developing highly effective project teams.
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to understand and manage technical details of programs.
• Bilingual an asset.
Blackhawk Network is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.